t: 01497 851764
m: 07794 935590 (Stephen)
07749 391714 (Julie)
Muscle Therapy Process - Step 2:Application
Step 2 - APPLICATION
For sorting out muscular problems we use a special plant-based product which has been sold and used on the continent for over 100 years to treat soft-tissue problems in horses. The process is as follows:
- As with any therapeutic procedure it is important that the horse is in good physical condition before commencing
- We assess the level of pain of the horse by palpating all the soft tissues, observing any old wounds etc and which areas we will need to focus on
- We apply the product to the rear of the horse first as the backside muscles are the deepest in the body and therefore take the longest to heal properly. We use roughly 5 litres of the product for each part of the horse which is applied by hand with someone holding the horse's head on a lead rein.
- Take the horse's temperature every day
- Wash down each day at least once (sometimes twice) with warm water (ca. 40C)
- Check if the horse is eating and pooing properly. Stop the process if in any doubt.
- Monitor the reaction of the horse and assess his comfort levels. The horse can be in some pain for a while before it gets better (remember this is the pain YOU are riding him with so take a moment to think)
- Depending on the severity of the reaction we also use Extra Virgin Cold-pressed Olive oil and Samsara All Purpose Wound CreamÂ in the process to help with healing.
- As mentioned above the therapy process takes about 10 days on average for the horse to start feeling significantly better. Don't get too excited, this is just the beginning. The other areas of the horse might first need treating and sometimes we will hold off for a time and start very light training if we feel it is best for the horse. At any rate the next stage is Re-training.